My At-Home Spa Routine - Sensible Stylista

My At-Home Spa Routine

Alright guys, I'm all sorts of excited to share my at-home spa routine with y'all.  Let's be honest, we all get mad stressed and not all of us can afford to splurge on a luxe spa getaway sooooo here's my sensible (hardy har har) routine...

Use a hair masque.  I used to love taking super long/hot showers, but I stopped after I found out it was bad for you - apparently the hot water dries out your skin *BOO*  Anywho, after washing your hair, I recommend using a hair masque to hydrate your mane.  It doesn't have to be anything obnoxiously expensive!  Don't think pampering yourself should cost mad moolah.  You can do a fab job on a budget *smiles* I like using L'Oreal's Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask ($8.99).

Apply a face mask.  I always have different options available.  I like experimenting with face masks because skincare's important to me.  When I'm breaking out, I like using Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque ($3.99) - it works surprisingly well.  If I'm feelin' extra baller, I'll use a Fresh Face Mask from Lush.  I've tried Oatifix and Catastrophe Cosmetic - I like both, but I recommend the Oatifix.  It hydrates like whoa.

Use toner and an intensive face cream.  I actually use toner & face cream on the daily - you can skip the toner but make sure you use lotion/cream!  It's so important to moisturize.  There are a ton of amazing options out there with varying price-tags - let me know if you're looking for something a bit more affordable or expensive.  I'm pretty confident I can give y'all good advice on skincare *smiles* Anywho, my toner of choice is Sulwhasoo Balancing Water ($55) - expensive but hands down THE best toner I've EVER used.  It hydrates your skin while immersing it in essential nutrients.  My current cream of choice is Mario Badescu's Protein Night Cream ($22).

Take your time applying body lotion.  When I have an at-home spa night, I take my sweet time moisturizing all over.  I like using Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($9.99) - it's a long-time fave of mine.  I buy two-packs at Costco, ha!  Hey, what can I say?  I'm the SENSIBLE stylista after all, ha! Anywho, this lotion's legit - non-greasy, just the way I like it!

Focus on "rough" areas.  For my elbows and knees, I use a lil' extra somethin'-somethin' to get ultimate smoothness *smiles* I like using Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream ($16).  Some people don't like the scent, but I find it relaxing.  Maybe I'm just a masochist *shrugs*  This cream's CRAZY FYI. You'll wake up the next day and errthang will be moisturized.  I tried a sample of this and bought it IMMEDIATELY.  Yeah, I rarely do that so this cream's worth trying.  

Don't forget to take care of your hands and feet.  I don't know about you guys, but when life gets crazy busy, I totally neglect my hands and feet aka they get real gnarly.  Slather on vaseline and throw on a pair of socks on your hands and feet.  It's kind of annoying, but you'll thank me when you wake up smooth all over, ha.  Hey, beauty takes work *winks*  

Lay back and relax.  You can light some candles and turn on some soft music to set the mood or you can chill like I do aka binge-watch Netflix, ha!  So there you go.  My at-home spa routine.  How do you guys unwind?  Is there anything special you do to pamper yourself?  

3 comments

  1. i need to do that at home facial too
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! to unwind I usually light a few candles and take a soak in the tub, then exfoliate using a sugar scrub, then wash that away with a scented body wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good at home spa day! Great product choices.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete