BeautyCon Goodies - Sensible Stylista

BeautyCon Goodies

Spilling the beans on BeautyCon's latest box!  This post is definitely lengthy but super informative so make sure y'all read on.  If any of you guys have questions regarding the items featured, just leave me a comment below, and I'll get back to you ASAP!
1.  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.49) - I'm diggin' this pencil for sure.  BeautyCon sent me this in cashmere (aka gold), and I'm a fan.  It works as an eyeliner/eyeshadow,gliding on effortlessly.  It has just the right amount of sparkle so it's tasteful not tacky.  Swipe it on your lids for special occasion or GNO!  Available in a slew of colors - click here to browse!

2.  Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil ($8.99) - I absolutely LOVE this oil.  Use a pump or two on your face to dissolve your makeup before washing your face.  I like to massage it on before jumping in the shower!  I was worried that it'd be super oily, but it comes right off!  I'm SO glad I got to try this out - I'll definitely be repurchasing this once I run out.

3.  Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Daily Moisturizer ($14.99) - I like this moisturizer, but I wouldn't wear it out for a full day of fun in the sun because it's only SPF15.  This product works well with my dry/normal skin now, but I think it'd be too light for me during the winter because I prefer to keep my skin as hydrated as possible!  I do think this works well with all skin types though so give it a try.  It smells really good and should be enough SPF if you slather it on and avoid baking in the sun.

4.  Redken Fashion Waves Sea Salt Spray ($19.50) - This product's supposed to give you "beachy waves," but I didn't really get any? It did help with frizz though, although I hoped that it'd give my mane more texture.  I don't really recommend this product because 1) it's on the pricier side and 2) it doesn't really work.  You could always try it and return it though!  I've heard that some people really like using this spray!  Experiment with it and let me know how it pans out for you by leaving me a comment below.

5. La Fresh Beauty & Personal Care Wipes (pricing varies) - I had the opportunity to test two of these babies out (oil-free face cleanser + body soother), and they were both "meh." To be fair though, face wipes aren't really my thing - I prefer washing my face regardless of how tired I am.  The body soother wasn't strong enough either - it didn't have enough of a peppermint scent for me.  These wipes are fairly affordable, but personally, I'd pass on them.

6.  VersaSpa Face Moisturizing Gradual Tanner ($31.23) - BeautyCon included a sample of this, but I didn't try it out because I don't like to use use self-tanners.

7.  Benzac Acne Solutions Blemish Clearing Hydrator ($7.83) - I honestly don't know how well this product fights acne yet because I've only used it once!  I do have to say that I'm impressed with the formula though.  I've used a lot of spot treatments in my day, and they've almost always left my skin super dry (aka flaky and gross), but this doesn't.  For those of you looking to treat acne, Benzac sells a 3-step regimen - this product is the third and final step of the aforementioned set.  I'm planning on doing a post on the best spot treatments out there so keep an eye out!  If this product works well, I'll make sure to include it in my roundup.  Oh, one thing though!  This item smells awful so if scent's a deal breaker for you, you may want to reconsider your purchase.

8. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara ($23) - This baby gives you serious volume without clumping - if you're looking for a new mascara to try, purchase this stat!  There seem to be a lot of negative reviews about this online, but I'm not sure why? I personally loved it.  Tip:  apply it slowly to coat every lash.  Don't be afraid to layer either!  As long as you're careful, you won't mess up your eye make-up.  Also, let it dry before using a curler.  Oh and just an FYI, the box didn't include a full-size version - it was sample size.

9.  Smashbox Brow Tech Shaping Powder ($25) - Love, love, LOVE this product!  I own it in taupe, and it looks super natural on my face - for those of you interested, it's available in three other colors as well. The applicator makes it really easy to use!  Start from the center and work outwards - don't try to line your brows with it.  Also, keep in mind that a little goes a long way.  You can always build volume and intensity so go light, at least at first! 

10.  NYX Ombre Lip Duo ($11.99) - I really want to like this product, but I don't.  I was excited to try it because I thought it was a cool concept, but the execution was just off.  Basically, you line your lips with the darker shade and fill 'em in with the lighter one to create a cool ombre-style pucker. Sounds easy, right? Nah. Unfortunately, the product made my lips look super dry and blending was a b*tch.  Definitely not worth the money in my opinion!  I typically love NYX products, but this item doesn't make the cut.

11.  Cover FX Contour Brush ($38) - A high-quality brush for sure, but would I pay $38 to buy it? Probably not.  The bristles are really nice, and it does a great job blending, but I don't like the fact that it's double-sided.  I store my brushes in a cup so one side inevitably gets smushed [insert sad face].  Honestly, ELF brushes get the job done just as well - the process just takes a bit longer, ha!

12.  Exclusive discount to Seventeen's "The Edit" - Apparently, Seventeen magazine is launching an online pop-up store this month!  I don't know what kind of stuff they'll have, but I'm planning to check it out (editby17.com).  It sounds like it'll be Forever 21-ish? Anywho, they include a card in the box that gives you an extra 15% off + free shipping on your first order.

Conclusion:  My favorite products were the following: Neutrogena's Ultra Light Cleansing OilGarnier's SkinActive Clearly Brighter Daily MoisturizerToo Faced's Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara, and Smashbox's Brow Tech Shaping Powder.  I'm really glad I had the chance to review this box.  I'm definitely going to purchase the next one because you're getting serious bang for your buck.  For $29, you get to sample a slew of awesome products - many of which are full-sized.  If you want to purchase the box I reviewed, enter code summerpeacelove to get $5 off.

2 comments