December Fitness Update + My Costco Grocery List - Sensible Stylista

December Fitness Update + My Costco Grocery List

I'm SUPER excited to update you guys on my fitness progress today on SS!  I finished week 4 of T25, and I couldn't be more proud.  I feel like I've been doing a really good job staying on track, AND I even got validated by my parents, who are definitely my harshest (but most supportive) critics.  I'm actually in FL for vacay so I'll be starting week 5 when I return, but I've been keeping up with my workout at the hotel gym!

People always say you make your abs in the kitchen, not the gym.  I've always been skeptical about that statement, but I've found that it's 200% true.  I've been working up a sweat 7 times a week, but I believe that my clean eating's what's helped me the most. It's hard to be good about it though on the daily, especially when you're a foodie like me.  I'd love nothing more than to just stuff my face with fried food and carbs, but I'm not going to let my cravings get in the way of my long term goals.
It's easy to cut corners when you're busy with everything life throws you, but there ARE healthy, delicious, AND quick options out there if you're looking to nourish your bod like a boss.  I'll be sharing some of my favorite meals + snacks with you guys today!  Note:  All of these products are available at Costco.  I do most of my grocery shopping there because it's affordable.  

1.  Morningstar Black Bean Burgers:  I eat these patties with freshly sliced jalapeños and ketchup on 100% whole wheat bread.  Who knew vegetarian "burgers" could be so good? Simply microwave 'em for 2-3 minutes and they're good to go.
2.  Breakstone's 2% Cottage Cheese:  I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese, which is awesome because it makes for a great snack.  I'll either eat it as a side for breakfast (omelette + cottage cheese), spread it onto a slice of whole wheat toast or get my dip on with a handful of PopChips as a snack.
3.  Sambazon Unsweetened Smoothie Packs:  These are super convenient because they're individually packed. Store 'em in your freezer and simply run one under warm water before blending.  I like to mix mine with plain greek yogurt (vanilla works too) and milk!  Add honey or fruit for extra flavor.
4.  Liquid Egg Whites:  If you read my post on time management, you know that I always pre-cut veggies on Sundays to facilitate my mornings.  I just whip out my frying pan, pam it up, pour in my egg whites, and add veggies (usually onions, peppers, and jalapeños) for a delish & healthy breakfast.  While it's cooking on low heat, I usually put on my makeup (if I have to go out) to make the most of my time!  I like eating BIG meals in the morning so I'll usually have toast w/ nomtastic jam or a side of cottage cheese (like mentioned previously).
5.  100% Whole Wheat Pasta in Marinara:  Another thing I make in bulk on Sundays!  I cook up a giant pot of sauce (filled with tons of veggies of course) so I can have it for lunch or dinner when I'm in a hurry. It takes like 15 minutes tops to boil the pasta and heat up the sauce.  I sprinkle on red pepper flakes and eat it with pickled jalapeños for an extra kick.
6.  Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice:  This product's on the pricier side, but totally worth it!  I like to meal prep spicy korean chicken + veggies and this is the ideal side IMO.  I am asian after all, ha.  I usually use my rice cooker to whip up my own brown rice, but it takes time so I eat this when I'm in a hurry.
7.  Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup:  Definitely not the most delicious soup you'll ever have, but add in (lots of) sriracha and you're good to go!  It's super low in calories + filling so I have this when I get home late.
8.  Suja Mighty Greens Organic Juice:  I totally have a thing for fresh juices.  I seriously can't get enough of them!  I don't like the kinds with tons of added sugar though.  I thought this juice was pretty disgusting at first, but it totally grew on me - now I find it delicious!  I'll have it as a post-workout snack or down a glass before bed time if I get super hungry.
9.  Kirkland Organic Fruity Snacks:  These gummies are the bees knees!  Made with real fruit, they're ridiculously yummy.  I like to eat them for dessert when I'm craving something sweet.  Their consistency is quite different though so it takes a little getting used to, but I highly recommend giving 'em a try.

On top of all that, I get tons of veggies (typically portabella mushrooms, different peppers, onions, tomatoes, and kale) and different fruits (bananas, clementines & berries when they're in season, and grapefruit cups).  I also buy 100% whole wheat bread in bulk here.

Anywho, my current weight is 112.4, but I'm hoping to hit 105 within the next month or so! Numbers don't mean anything of course, BUT it helps keep me motivated.  How are you guys staying in shape?  Are there any yum recipes you'd like to share with me?

No comments