My First Juice Cleanse Ever - Sensible Stylista

My First Juice Cleanse Ever

I've been wanting to try a juice cleanse for years now, but I never got around to doing so because I didn't want to be hangry at work or school.  It took some serious self-control on my part, but Jus by Julie made the whole process pretty dang easy.  I went with her 3 day juice + soup cleanse because I wasn't down to skip food entirely.  Here's a detailed breakdown of what I did:

Day 1:
Sweet Spin Juice
Split Pea Soup
Spicy Pomegranate Juice
Carrot Ginger Soup
Butternut Squash Soup
Chia Berry Juice

Day 2:
Sweet Spin Juice
Red Lentil Soup
Spicy Pomegranate Juice
Detox Broth
Pumpkin Coconut Bisque
Chia Berry Juice

Day 3:
Sweet Spin Juice
Carrot Turmeric Soup
Spicy Pomegranate Juice
Roasted Tomato Gazpacho
Hearty Potato Leek Soup
Chia Berry Juice

Her juices are blended (as opposed to cold pressed) so they have a smoothie-like consistency.  Note: if you dislike pulp, pass on this!  However, do keep in mind that their special blending process makes sure you get 100% of the whole fruits + veggies that go into their products aka all the good stuffs like antioxidants, fiber, and live enzymes.
I personally didn't have to do much prep for the cleanse because I was already eating clean, but if you're not, Julie recommends cutting out heavy foods like meat, dairy and sugar a few days beforehand.    You can eat as many fruits/veggies as you want, but go easy on rich foods like burgers.

The cleanse itself was easy because in addition to juice, I was having soup 3x a day.  Serious props to Jus by Julie because everything was on point!  I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the taste of it all.  The soups were legit good - like I would eat them for an actual meal...and enjoy it!  My favorites were the hearty potato leek, carrot ginger, and butternut squash soups.  The drinks were also really great - I could straight up drink spicy pomegranate all day, every day.  

FYI: their juices have a refrigeration shelf life of up to 4 days and a 3 week frozen shelf life.  Soups have a 2 week refrigeration shelf life and a 3 week frozen shelf life.  If you're looking to start your cleanse right when you receive your delivery, make sure you store everything in the fridge STAT and start with Jus 1.  If you want to do it all later, freeze everything!  The night before your cleanse, leave one day's worth out overnight at room temperature - they'll be ready in the morning.  Do NOT thaw in your fridge.
Anywho, I didn't find myself getting hungry throughout any of this, BUT if you want to munch on something during, you can have raw or steamed green veggies, egg whites at dinnertime, or 1-2 cups of coffee or green tea. Afterwards, you want to make sure to very SLOWLY integrate heartier foods into your diet.  

Now, would I do this again? Yes, but only a juice and soup cleanse like this.  I can't imagine cutting food out entirely.  I'll probably try a hardcore one like that at some point, but for now, this works perfectly fine!  I didn't lose a ton of weight or anything, but I'm not really surprised.  If I did, I have a feeling it would've been temporary, ha. I did, however, feel refreshed (and healthier) afterwards.  This cleanse costs $120, and if you subscribe to their mailing list you can get an extra 10% off your purchase.  Have any of you guys tried a cleanse? If yes, which one? Was it worth it?  

No comments